Knits for Nerds: 30 Projects: Science Fiction, Comic Books, Fantasy
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Free Domestic Shipping ($40 minimum)
Finally—a knitting book for nerds who love sci-fi, fantasy, comics, and manga!
The best of science fiction, manga, and animaguiri meets knit one, purl two as knit siren and part-time roller derby girl Joan of Dark offers up an out-of-this-world assortment of knitting nerdiness inside Knits for Nerds.
The patterns for 30 iconic clothing and accessory items inspired by popular TV shows, books, films, comics, and more--including Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Firefly--are presented alongside full-color photographs showcasing completed projects, such as:
* Lieutenant Uhura's sexy Star Trek minidress
* Hobbit feet slippers
* Firefly-inspired scarf, socks, hat, and jacket
* Tank Girl socks
* Hermione Granger's secret beaded bag
* Manga-inspired leg warmers
* The Big Bang Theory-inspired his and hers sweater-vests
* Lord of the Rings-inspired shrug
In addition to a wardrobe of costume finery, hobbyists will also find instructions for practical projects such as an e-reader cover or a laptop bag crafted of checkered fabric that serves double-duty as a chessboard and carryall, as well as patterns for plush toys inspired by Star Trek, robots, and the comic book Squee! Wear (and knit!) your nerdiness on your sleeve with Knits for Nerds.